Constructed between 1855 and 1862, Victoria Theatre was originally built as a Town Hall, and is the older of the two buildings that make up this performing arts venue. The Town Hall was converted into a theatre in 1908 and was renamed Victoria Theatre. The intimate space features a curved seating plan that “hugs” the stage, bringing the audience closer to performers. Cast iron components were taken from the old Theatre’s chairs and re-purposed into horizontal bands set across the timber walls to improve the acoustics of the space.
The Theatre is wheelchair accessible in the Stalls area.
Victoria Theatre & Victoria Concert Hall is managed by Arts House Ltd.