Points of View: Critical Frames for Performance Writing and Making is a nine-day programme for young performing arts writers and makers to explore various ways of viewing and approaching artistic works. Held on 4 - 12 May 2018 under the auspices of the Singapore International Festival of Arts (SIFA), successful applicants will experience a range of performances, and engage in critical dialogue with SIFA artists, organisers, industry experts and fellow critical thinkers.
Points of View consists of two tracks:
- Performance Writing: For those interested in critical writing, including reviewing, research, arts journalism and arts administration.
- Performance Making: For those interested in critical dialogue about performance making, including directing, acting, designing, playwriting and dramaturgy.
- Contribute to discussions, tutorials and other workshop activities with the programme facilitators.
- Attend selected SIFA performances for free.
- Dialogue with SIFA artists and organisers.
- Share their experiences with the public in a forum.
- Commit to full attendance at the programme
Points of View will be facilitated by Lim How Ngean (for performance writing) and Charlene Rajendran (for performance making).
The Open Call for interested participants will run from 26 February to 25 March 2018. Visit www.asiandramaturgs.com for more information and to download the application form.
OPEN CALL [26 February to 25 March 2018]
To qualify for Points of View, you must be:
- Interested in performance writing and performance making
- Aged between 18 and 30
- Confident in both written and spoken English
- Actively involved in performance theory/studies/practice, either as student, recent graduate or practitioner
- Able to commit to the entire period from 4 to 12 May 2018
- Reside in Singapore
To apply, download the application form from www.asiandramaturgs.com .
E-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No fees are required for participation.
Applications will close on Sunday, 25 March 2018, 11.59PM (SGT).
Application outcomes will be announced on 6 April 2018.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Event has ended